Gift-giving is deeply rooted in the Indian tradition and culture system. In Indian households, gifts are given to strengthen the relationships, to express one’s feelings, to acknowledge the person’s presence, and to make the moment cheerful. That’s exactly the reason why across the celebrated occasions and festivals, gifts are exchanged. Not only in the households, but for the very same reason to reinforce relationships, to make people feel accepted, and to bring a happy smile on everyone’s face; gifts are also given in the corporate settings. In the corporate world, gifts are majorly given on festivals like Diwali, Christmas, and New Year.
Whether you are looking for corporate gifts or want to send gifts to your relatives, there are certain factors that you need to consider. We have listed below a few of them common to both:
- The Occasion/Festival
- The relationship (In the corporate sector, it would be formal). But, if it is for a colleague cum friend, it can be informal.
- Age of the person (Again in the corporate sector, one may choose to ignore this).
- The Budget
- Personalization as it is trending and has a unique appeal.
Helping you out give the best gift to your relatives and corporates on the upcoming festivals like Diwali, Christmas, and New Year:
Diwali: Diwali is a festival of lights, auspiciousness, and happiness. It’s one of the celebrated festivals across India by all religions, mainly Hindus, Jains, and Sikhs. Therefore, Diwali gifts should be something that summons holy vibes and goodness into the lives of the people. Some of the following ideas are:
- Diwali Decorations: Diwali preparations include cleaning and decorating the house. So, fancy lights, candles, diyas along with other decorative items such as garlands, door decorations can be gifted.
- Sweets: How can Indian festivals can ever be seemed to complete without the traditional sweets. Extend a box of sweets like Kaju Katli, Soan Papdi, Boondi Ladoo, Milk Cake or any other sweets as Diwali gifts.
- Dry Fruit Trays: Diwali comes either in the month of October or November. These two months mark the start of the winters, meaning the apt time to munch on some dry-fruits. So, dry-fruit trays, and boxes are considered ideal gifts.
- Blankets and Bedsheets: In the corporate world, and otherwise, blankets and bedsheets are given as Diwali gifts because of the utility purpose. Get creative with designs and patterns.
- Plants: Potted plants are becoming the best gift options because of their symbolic value and of course beauty.
- Personalised gifts: Personalised gifts are best suited for all festivals, including Diwali. Some of the personalised corporate gifts are engraved diaries and pens, photo vases with plants, personalised tabletops, etc. For your relatives, photo mugs, photo cushions, photo frames, etc. can be gifted.
Christmas: The joyous festival of the year, Christmas. The festival marks the birth of Jesus Christ. It is honoured as a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the globe. Ideal gifts for Christmas:
- Plum Cakes: Plum cakes are staple to Christmas. Baked plum cakes can be gifted to your relatives or corporates. Many reputed bakeries offer plum Christmas cake in Gurgaon, Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore, and other places.
- Chocolates: Chocolates are loved by all. So, a box of assorted chocolates or personalised chocolates would be a welcomed Christmas gift for relatives and corporates.
- Accessories: Christmas decorations are just beautiful. If you have Chritian friends and relatives, consider giving them Christmas accessories that they can use to decorate their house. You can give a Christmas Tree and Jesus Christ crib as well.
- Greeting Cards: Write down your warm Christmas wishes and greetings in a handmade or store-bought greeting card and it is perfect for everyone.
New Year: The last celebration of the year to welcome beautiful 365 days in life. New Year is celebrated with great pomp and show across the globe.
- Wine Glasses: Raise a toast to another wonderful year! Give personalised wines glasses to make the memory of a new year cherishable.
- Greeting Cards: On New year, greeting cards are exchanged as a token of best wishes for the upcoming year.
- Combos and Hampers: Choose to gift not one but two or many gifts to welcome the New Year such as flowers with cakes, chocolates with plants, gifts with flowers, etc.
- Cakes: Midnight cake cutting on New Year is a ritual. In the honour of the ritual, you can give a box of New Year cake.
Your upcoming festivals are all sorted, just shop from online stores or the local ones.